COLLEGE FEES AT SUMMERHILL
Schedule of Fees 2019
FOUNDATION PHASE (GRADE 8), CAMBRIDGE & IEB GRADE 9
Schedule of Fees 2019
GRADES 10 11 & 12 CAMBRIDGE & IEB
All College Fees, tuition fee payments (unless paid in advance) must be made by debit order.
- Summerhill College fees are due and payable prior to commencement of studies.
- The College reserves the right to withhold exam results and reports should fees not be settled in full.
- Payments other than monthly tuition fees must be made by cheque, direct deposit or electronic transfer.
- NO CASH PLEASE. For our students’ safety,cash payments cannot be accepted on campus.
- In terms of this agreement you undertake to notify Summerhill College via email or otherwise as to all payments made by you or on your behalf
College Registration Fee
Entrance Assessment: A non-refundable assessment fee is payable by non-Summerhill Prep School students prior to potential students sitting the entrance exam. A once off, non-refundable registration fee for the enrolment of each new student is payable upon the acceptance of a space offered at the College for their child. For more information contact the admissions office. Deposit:
- A term’s fees will be payable upfront as a deposit, when the child is offered a place and will be refunded within a month, after the child leaves the school; provided a full terms notice is given as per dates listed in the agreement of tuition.
- Should the school fees increase during any given year, the deposit needs to be “topped up” to equal a term’s fees at all times.
- It needs to be understood and agreed that the deposit, which is in line with the policy practised in a number of independent schools, is there to serve a number of functions:
- A guarantee of late notice fees (equivalent to the term’s fees.)
- The generation of interest, which will be used to provide service facilities for the school whilst the capital is held in trust.
- A final capital repayment to the parent when the student leaves the school.
- Parents are invited to leave the deposit as a donation to the Building Fund when their children leave the school.
- The school does have a bursary committee, which offers limited places to disadvantaged families.
- The school may offer certain limited free bursaries, depending on its resources.